Life just got a whole lot cuter around my house…
Meet the newest member of our family, Bella (or Belwa as our toddler calls her).
Bella is a siamese kitten and we are so excited to have a pet and welcome her into our family.
My husband and I both grew up around animals as kids (although he is allergic to cats…so we will see how this goes, lol). But we are hoping that Bella and our toddler bond and have a great friendship going forward, just like we did with our pets as kids.
And, I know what you are thinking…Bella’s not a coffee name, but hear me out on that one in a bit because there actually is a connection!
It’s also a name of a popular guest chair I sell to the government at my day job job as a government contractor for office furniture…but that’s neither here nor there…
Anyway, you will probably see a lot more of Bella on my blog and Instagram because she is so cute and we can’t get enough of her.
Hopefully, she doesn’t mind all the pictures 😉
And, I’m looking forward to working and writing with a cat on my lap again because it’s been years since I’ve had that!
In fact, she’s currently on my lap now as I write this. My #catmom heart is so full!
Because we got a kitten recently, we spent a number of hours looking through lists of pet names and brainstorming ideas.
And, although you might not think Bella is a coffee name, I discovered a coffee connection to the name Bella!
Bella Housewares makes coffee pots…so in some ways, we did name our cat after a coffee-related item!
You can even buy Bella Coffee Makers on Amazon
So, if you are a coffee and cat lover, or are on the hunt for a name for your new furry companion, I’ve got you covered with some of the best coffee names for cats!
Product-Based Coffee Names for Cats
There are actually lots of great coffee brands and products that would make great cat names, and no I’m not talking about Starbucks or Dunkin (although Dunkin would be a good coffee name for a cat!).
- Arista – The name of a coffee company, Arista Coffee
- Bailey – Comes from Bailey’s Irish Coffee Liquor
- Bella – Inspired by Bella Housewares as mentioned above!
- Blonde – A light roast coffee (would be great for a lightly colored cat!)
- Cherry – In case you didn’t know, coffee beans are actually berries that look like cherries!
- Horton – as in Tim Hortons!
- Java – Another nickname for the word coffee.
- Kahlua – Another coffee liquor-inspired choice
- Kona – From the popular Kona Coffee & Tea company.
- Maxwell – If you don’t know Maxwell House, you must live under a rock. It’s probably one of the most well-known brands in the US and always pops up in coffee makers at places like your local car dealership.
- Pike – like in the famous Pike Place Roast from Starbucks and the Pike Place Market in Seattle (where Starbucks’ first store was).
Coffee Names for Cats – Flavor-Inspired
There are so many great flavors that complement coffee, so this is by no means everything!
If you are trying to brainstorm coffee names for cats, think about your favorite latte blend or frappuccino and maybe you will find some name inspiration there too!
- Caramel – Often used as a flavoring component for coffee drinks, a Caramel Machiatto from Starbucks comes to mind for me! 🙂
- Cinnamon – A playful name for a playful cat. Cinnamon flavoring in coffee is delicious in the winter especially!
- Cocoa – Powdered chocolate. Would be perfect for a darker brown or mixed tabby cat of some kind!
- Ginger – Gingerbread latte anyone? I really do love Christmas time. If your cat has orange coloring then this is probably even more fitting.
- Hazelnut – I love a good hazelnut creamer now and then!
- Mocha – Did you know that in Arabic this name means chocolate coffee?
- Peaberry – One of my favorite blends so far this year has been the Tanzania Peaberry from Crucible Coffee Roasters. Peaberry coffee beans are actually a natural type of mutation where only one bean grows inside the coffee cherry (as opposed to two like what normally occurs).
- Peppermint – Another syrup flavor often used in drinks around Christmas time!
- Pumpkin (or Pumpkin Spice) – I once worked with someone who had a cat named Pumpkin. And if you are a fan of the classic PSL this would make a great name for your cat!
- Vanilla – One of the classic flavor combos: vanilla and coffee!
Cafe-Inspired Coffee Names for Cats
Inspiration for cat names can even be found in a coffee shop!
- Affogato – A coffee-based dessert of Italian origin.
- Barista – Someone who prepares coffee in a coffee shop (and something you could aspire to teach your cat to do!?).
- Cappuccino – An espresso-based coffee drink. Chino would be a good variation of this one too!
- Coffee – This is a no-brainer for this list. And, it makes a good cat name, especially if you have a cat with brown fur.
- Latte – My favorite type of coffee drink to get in a coffee shop, a latte is made with espresso and steamed milk.
- Macaroon – A small cake or biscuit that can be filled with all types of different flavorings often found in coffee shops.
- Muffin – A common pastry found in most coffee shops.
- Nitro – As in nitro cold brew coffee, it’s a variation of a traditional cold brew coffee that uses nitrogen gas to create a smoother texture.
- Venti – If you’ve ever ordered from a Starbucks, you know what this means! Venti refers to a large drink from the popular chain (there’s also Grande and Tall if you want to go this route for any additional cats you may add to your family!).
And, if you are looking to try some coffee brands and blends that support pets and local animal shelters, check out these roasters below!
Sydney Roasting Co roasts up a variety of blends, including cat-named flavors through Kitty Town Coffee. Each blend is named after a cat and every bag you buy helps provide food to homeless cats as they wait in shelters to find permanent homes.
Cool Cats Coffee Co. is another coffee roaster that supports feeding cats in shelters. With every purchase, you feed 20 shelter cats!
Rescue Coffee Co. is based in Nova Scotia and donates 10% of proceeds to partnering animal rescue organizations.
Based in Hudson, OH Cat Rescue Coffee Co. boasts the slogan, “Drink Coffee. Save Cats.”
Sister brand to Gotham Coffee Roasters, Little Cat Coffee is based out of Brooklyn, NY, and donates portions of its profits to animal rescues and advocate groups.
I’ve had some of these companies on my short list for future coffee reviews too, so be sure to keep an eye out on the blog for the latest and greatest when it comes to my monthly coffee reviews.
Or, better yet, sign up below to join KT’s Coffee Corner so you receive my monthly email as well as coffee discounts and happenings around the coffee world.